Camag DBS-MS 500: Direct Analysis of Dried Blood Spots
Camag, a specialist in the manufacture of HPTLC instruments, is entering the field of Direct Analysis of Dried Blood Spots. Camag has achieved promising results with manual and semi-automatic DBS-MS extraction systems, and has presented these results at conferences and in various journals. In light of this success, the company is now introducing the DBS-MS 500 system, which is capable of fully automated analysis of up to 500 DBS cards.
The official launch will be at ASMS in Denver 4th-8th June 2011.
In the session "Mass Spectrometry Analysis of Dried Blood Spot Samples", Tuesday 7th June 2011, new data will be presented:
Developing a fully automated dried blood spot direct analysis technique for high sample throughput quantitative bioanalysis
Paul Abu-Rabie; Neil Spooner; Philip Denniff, GlaxoSmithKline R&D, Ware, UK
Camag staff will be available at booth #82 to discuss the Camag DBS-MS 500 system.
Main features of the system are:
- Fully automated handling of up to 500 DBS cards
- Optical DBS card positioning and identification including barcode reading module (OCR module)
- Reliable wash station eliminates carryover
- Optional internal standard application (ISA module)
- Seamless integration with LC-MS system