SLAS Young Scientist Award goes to Brian Cox, Lauren Drowley, Zafer Ali Gezgin & Jonas Kühn
The Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening (SLAS) is pleased to announce the four recipients of this year's SLAS Young Scientist Award. Recipients will be presented with their awards at SLAS2012, the First Annual SLAS Conference and Exhibition, February 4-8, San Diego, CA, USA.
As part of its mission, SLAS has formed strategic alliances with a number of like-minded organizations around the globe that share similar missions. The SLAS Young Scientist Award is a collaboration among SLAS and four of these global strategic partners:
- European Laboratory Robotics Interest Group, United Kingdom
- Institute of Food Technologists, United States
- MipTec, Switzerland
- International Society for Stem Cell Research, United States
The student, graduate student or post-doc who gave the top presentation at the conference hosted by each of these partners in 2011 has been selected to receive the SLAS Young Scientist Award. Recipients are awarded with a $500 cash prize, roundtrip airfare to SLAS2012 in San Diego, shared hotel accommodations and conference registration. In addition, as part of their conference experience, award recipients are invited to participate in the SLAS2012 Student Poster Competition, where students, graduate students, post-doctoral associates and junior faculty present posters related to their fields of study and have the opportunity to win cash prizes based upon their work. This year's Young Scientist Award recipients are:
- Brian Cox, University of Toronto; International Society for Stem Cell Research - A Resource of Stem Cell Membrane Proteins for Lineage-Specific Isolation and Analysis of Early Mouse Development
- Lauren Drowley, AstraZeneca; European Laboratory Robotics Interest Group - Development of High-Content Imaging Assay to Assess a Regenerative Medicine Approach to Diabetes and Obesity
- Zafer Ali Gezgin, Rutgers University; Institute of Food Technologists - Food Nanotechnology on the Shelf: Fabricating Nano-Thin Ice Nucleating Layers on Polyethylene Films
- Jonas Kühn, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, School of Life Sciences, Biomolecular Screening Facility; MipTec - Label-Free Cytotoxicity Screening Assay by Digital Holographic Microscopy (DHM)
For more information on the SLAS Young Scientist Award program or SLAS2012, visit http://www.SLAS2012.org.