Microwave-powered Muffle Furnaces
The new Phoenix line of microwave-powered muffle furnaces offers unmatched versatility and speed in a rugged, easy-to-use system. Choose from two configurations and a variety of options.
Legendary power at your fingertips
- Convenience - Accurate results in minutes
- Speed - Up to 10 times faster than conventional muffle furnaces
- Capacity - Ash up to 15 samples at one time
- Versatility - Use any type of crucible normally used in conventional ashing systems, including platinum!
The Phoenix is available with your choice of either a High Temperature or High Capacity furnace. The High Temperature furnaces reach 1,200 °C and can process up to eight 25-mL crucibles. For laboratories needing greater throughput, the High Capacity furnaces reach 900°C and hold up to fifteen 25-mL crucibles. Any crucible that can be used in a conventional muffle furnace (including platinum) can also be used in the Phoenix Ashing Systems.
Phoenix Muffle Furnace
The Phoenix Muffle Furnaces enable companies in many diverse industries to improve their process control, allowing them to make rapid adjustments to reduce "out-of-specification" product. These systems can perform many high temperature applications up to 97% faster than traditional muffle furnaces. The standard Phoenix Muffle Furnace configuration features:
- Programmable temperature control
- Auto-Start/Auto-Shutdown software
- Built-in exhaust system
- Entry and storage of up to 20 methods
- Built-in calibration software
- Over-temperature and thermocouple failure safeguards
- Built-in system diagnostics
- Use any type of crucible normally used in a conventional muffle furnace, including platinum!
The Systems are rugged, easy-to-use and engineered to be dependable. Temperature verification and temperature calibration for ISO
and GLP practices are quickly and easily performed with optional accessories including NIST traceable dual thermocouples and calibration
Phoenix satisfies the equipment requirements for "electrically heated"
furnaces in the following methods:
- ASTM, USP (281 - ROI & 733-LOI), AOAC, FDA, ISO & DIN
It also meets the requirements for applications listing a "microwave-heated" furnace
- ASTM D5630-94, ASTM D1506-99